Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Time To Work and A Time Rest

The biggest temptation for be is to work and not rest. I get afraid of the slow times, so I want to keep working, so when a slow period hits I have a health reserve built. This usually pushing my family and my body to second place.

The last week or so I have been working everyday. A couple of days, at about 7 pm, I hit the wall. I was so tired that all I could to was fall on my bed and go to sleep. This was with the protest of my mind.

Then yesterday, I decided to rest unless someone called. No one called. That was good. I spent time with my family. I watched Jimmie Johnson win the NASCAR race. At first I was feeling guilty. Those feeling faded when I saw my daughter and wife enjoying a walking through a group of art exhibits in a local park.

No comments: