Friday, September 14, 2007

I am not a 9 to 5 person

There are times I enjoy having my own business and then there are times I wish I could just get a 9 to 5 job. But the truth be told I am built more for the independence of owning my own business.

There is about one day a week where I am in the shop just in front of the computer, learning, writing, and looking for news ways to bring business. There is another day where I am just running errands; not bringing in money that day. The rest of the week is doing service calls.

One day I will make my first stop will be 5:30 am. The next day it may start at 8:30 and end at midnight. Then sometimes the first service call will be 10:30 am. Of course my day starts at 3 am on the average.

Why 3 am, you ask? That is when I get my first cup of coffee, listen to a chapter of the Bible, and do some writing. By 5 am I am starting to have breakfast. So if my first service call is not until 10 am, I am back in front of the computer or on the phone.

So tell me how I can squeeze in a 9 to 5 work day into what I do?

No comments: