Thursday, September 13, 2007

Long Hours, Early Mornings

9 to 5, Monday thru Friday is for the faint hearted. The real strong person is the one who works long hours and early mornings. Why? They want more from life than wages.

The truck driver who works is FedEx has security of working for a large company. The independent long haul trucker trades that security for the self satisfaction accomplishment. The same goes for the painter, small shop owner, or anyone who has their own business.

As I woke up this morning I was thinking of a trucker movie of the 1970's. The name of the movie was Convoy. The name of the actors is not important. What is important was how they glamorized the spirit of the trucker. The unity, the loyalty the truckers felt for each of other, because they were struggling free spirit. They were earning a living by the sweat of their brow and their whits.

This is the true spirit that goes back through time. We should not let go. Yes, large corporations have their place. Some people are happy working their. But for me give me build a life with my own hands and mind. Something that my family and I can be proud that we built.

No comments: