Monday, September 17, 2007

Help In Time Of Struggle

We all struggle some more than others. What can help is talking with others that are going through struggles of their own. A support group for those who are struggling? If you want to call it that.

I remember a song from High School literature class. The choirs went something like, "No man is an island, no man stands alone." It is through that knowledge there is relief.
  • Going to church on Sunday morning is not the complete answer.
  • Praying to God for help and comfort is not the complete answer.
  • Crying to a friend is not the complete answer.
  • Going to a small support group is not the complete answer.
  • The complete answer requires a combination of the above.

This past summer I went through some of the blackest times of my life. I was touched by Hades only to be allowed to live. My life will never be the same. I am slowly and surely walking away the gates of Hades. My faith grows. The struggle is still there, but I am making it through each struggle by the grace of God.




No comments: