Sunday, September 23, 2007

Prepared for Thieft

There is a time in every business that I have ever owned where a customer or client was in a last minute jam. Their life or business came to a complete stand still. They call me with a desperate, "HELP!" Most of the time I knew they could not afford a triple rate hourly rate, for working after hours.

I would respond with the best tools and resources at my disposal. Most of the time the problem was solved or patched until the next regular business day. I was see and hear from the customer a big, Thank You of appreciation.

The next regular business day, when the near disaster was still in their mind I would set down with them and talk about disaster preparedness. Not just for big earth shattering, but for those big earth shattering ones in our lives.

Yesterday was one of those days. The customer is going to get a little heart to heart talk. We are going to work into his budget preventive and reactive tools to reduce the affect of his computer from having massive failure.

No comments: