Monday, January 28, 2008

The Warm Beach

The warmth of the morning sun penetrates the Banana Slug t-shirt that is on my back. The smell of the salt ocean air in my noise. Watching the morning sun push back the fog that came in during the early morning hours. The sound of ocean waves rolling up on sand in font of my feet. This is a taste of heaven.

Early morning on the beach is such a blissful time. The crowds have not arrived. I am standing facing the mighty ocean. Talking to God as if He is that big mass of blue water. And little old me standing in front of Him, getting my direction for the daily activities.

The warm sun at my back, the cool ocean air on my face, and the sounds of waves rolling on shore creates such a calming affect. There has been many a time I have wished this moment would never end.

I look to my right there is a man in his 70's with a metal detector. He is scanning the beach for money or precious items that was left behind from the previous day's beach goes. Some people have told me that he makes over $200 a day, just by waving his metal detector over the morning sand.

Off in the distance a jogger is running in my direction. I see her about every morning. Dressed in nothing but a sports bra and running shorts. She must be getting her energy for the day's battles by running next the mighty ocean.

Well my time of peace and tranquility is over. Now I must go back to the real cold world and its' reality.

No comments: