Sunday, January 20, 2008

They Remember

We were driving in the car when our daughter started to talk about an incident that happen when she was not more than 3 years old. I tried not to react. But having a fathers heart I felt sad that she wanted to make things all better.

My wife and I had gotten sick from eating some bad food. She was vomiting along with stomach cramps. I had diarrhea in addition to the vomiting and stomach cramps. We could verily manage to get to a near by doc-in-the-box. Our daugther must not of have ate the same bad food item as my wife and I did, because she was not sick.

Well, back to riding in the car. Our daughter, now seven years old, said how she wanted to take care of us. She did not know what to do. She was afraid that we were going to die.

I had forgot about the incident. I did not think she would remember. From what she said that day in the car she has a clear recollection of what had happen.

I am taken by her concern for us. I do not want her to have those kind of memories. I want her to have much better memories as she grows up. Nevertheless, I am amazed that she being so young could remember that incident.

No comments: