Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Hate Phone Calls

Calling creditors to letting them know that I am filing bankruptcy is not an easy thing to do. Each phone call is facing my failure. I am saying that I am not a proper husband, father, or man. Regardless as much as I don't like it I still have to do it.

When it comes time to email or call a creditor, I become withdrawn. The world around me becomes very irritating. I have to muster up every ounce of energy I have within my bones to dial that number. Then telling the person on the other end, "I am a failure".

As a general rule most of the people/businesses that I owe just take down information like attorney, his phone number, and case number. The person on the other end of the phone falls back from being aggressive to a more passive state. Some even have offered words of consolation and understanding.

There were some who offer a word of encouragement which makes the whole process a little easier to bare. I still wish I did not have to drag my family through this whole process. I wish I could have made more money, been healthier.

In the Bible there is a passage that talks about Jesus. It reads, "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant ... humbled himself ... ." (Philippians 2:6-8) This whole time and process is very, very, very humbling.

No comments: