Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Morning

The Christmas tree was finally taken down. The living room vacuumed. Dishes were washed. A good portion of the house was clean. Then we fell asleep. I can not believe how much energy we had. I have done some much house work, in I don't know when.

Today is Sunday. A day of rest. This is a day to break from the pressures of life and enjoy what God has made.

Years ago, Johnny Cash sung a song called Sunday Morning Coming Down. It was about a drunk sobering up on Sunday Morning. The underlying theme was about how special Sunday morning is. Even a drunk who is the most removed human being away from God still knows how special Sunday morning is.

I want to take the song Johnny Cash to the next level. I believe all of earth is different of Sunday morning. It is a day of Church and rest from the rest of the week.

This is one Sunday that I am planning to really enjoy.

No comments: