Monday, December 31, 2007

Survival Mode vs Success

Survival mode is a tough way to live. I have been living in that mode for most of 2007. It prevents me for doing little more surviving, because there is no energy to do anything else.

I look around the house. It could be a lot cleaner. I should of have been caught up on paper work. I need to donate some computer monitors, and printers. The car needs some attention. There are some phone calls I need to make.

There were a couple times this years I collapsed at the front door. I had no more energy from all the physical and emotional pressure. I was working as a day labor, on a construction site. Then walking five miles home. Then I collapsed. I ended up crawling inside the house and falling asleep.

Other times my wife and I could do nothing more than watch television. The depression was so great. No money coming in to pay bills. Bills piling upon other bills. There was no end in sight.

My prayer for to 2008 is to get out of survival mode. We don't smoke, drink or do drugs. There is not reason not to be successful. We want to help other people, but we cannot if we poor and just a breath from living on the streets.

No comments: