Sunday, December 30, 2007

I Am Guilty

I am guilty. No if ands or but about it. A series of wrong decisions got us in the position we are in today. Those decisions did not just happen in 2007. They go back over many years. Some were made when I was a teenager.

My two oldest children are grown. I haven't seen them for years. Even through they both live within 50 miles of me. They just don't want to have anything to do with me. I created that. When they were babies, I left them and their mother. When I came to Idaho, I was hoping to fix it. That didn't happen.

My brother and I have not talked for years. The last time I talked to him was over the telephone. He wanted me to leave my current wife and child and go help my oldest daughter. At that time my oldest daughter acted like she was tolerating me. She did not want to even acknowledge that I was her biological father.

I have not fought to bring the whole family together, including my wife and daughter. My wife's family is in Texas. She has not seen them for over 11 years. My youngest daughter has not seen her grand parents. I have not seen my family members for over 5 years. Since I am the oldest, I should be reaching out and helping them.

That last statement is some pie in the sky idea. I can't even help my wife and daughter. I can't even support them. We are filing for bankruptcy. I don't even know where we are going to get the money to do that.

No comments: