Saturday, August 04, 2007

What To Do In When It All Goes Wrong?

Starting a business can be a scary and risky thing. You are stepping out. Success or failure all depends upon what you do. The decisions you make. The time and energy you put into the business.

When I was a young man I was one of the first non firefighters to get paramedic training in Los Angles county. I study hard. In the back of my mind I was going to save lives.

Then one class about half way through the course, one of the instructors stood up in front of the class and said, "You can do everything we teach you the the letter, and the patient can still die."

That statement had a tramatic affect on me. I could not handle working to save someones life and then have them die on me. Why was I spending all this time and money only to have someone die under my care.

Years have come and gone. I have been through several failed marriages, jobs, and other things. I still have trouble accepting failure.

The one thing I have learned since then is have friends, family, advisers, and God there to help me. I am going fight, examine, adapt, pray, and work to make a turn around.

No comments: