Friday, August 10, 2007

Reality Can Bring Bad News

I was in CompUSA, picking up some parts. Since I had some time to kill, I stopped by the business sales counter and talk with one of the salesman. In course of the conversation I asked a questions about Vista and QuickBooks.

He laughed, started to shake his head left to right. In a pitiful tone he said, "It is not going to work. Vista, will not let you move those files."

I responded, "You don't know how many peoples day you have ruined."

He whispered in a low tone, "Sorry".

This is one of those times something should work a certain way. You need it to work that way, but it won't. The Microsoft nor Intuit won't fix it.

In this case, to prevent pirated software, Microsoft has went overboard with Vista, and not allow you to migrate certain data files from XP to Vista.

No comments: