Friday, August 03, 2007

Face to Face, Not Facebook

Facebook is a social online network like My Space, and Twitter. People from across the country and around the world reading each others profiles and carrying on conversation. But what about their next door neighbor?

Have we become a generation of chickens? Are we afraid to meet and have a social community with those that live around our residence? It is easier to talk with someone over the telephone, than meet them face to face at your kitchen table.

I am not a big fan of online chatting. I do a lot of phone chatting. I must confess that social interaction that is face to face is something I lack. I have one or two clients that are even willing to sit down and chat face to face. Most of them would rather talk behind some kind of wall.

No comments: