Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Is Being Thankful

Today is a day to be thankful for what we have. There are 100's of stories of people who are thankful for what they have, this Thanksgiving.

This year has been a very rough year for my family and I. When I look around, I see people who are far worst off than us. The little two-year-old Indian girl who has gone through massive surgeries just to function in this world. The families of all the causalities of Iraq. And they many more who I could list. But they would make us all depressed.

What I want to write about this morning is my family. Like any other family we have had our disagreements. There are members who have not talked to seen for years. But I love them, everyone. Why? Because they are family.

I am thankful for each member of my family living or dead has influenced on my life.
  • My Dad - He was very old school. Not very well educated. He did the best he knew how to do. I am thankful that was such a hard worker. He would work long hard hours in a saw mill to put food on our table.
  • Mom - She had us two boys. Regardless of our stubbornness, she taught us that we needed to be moral good Christian men who respect those in the world we live.
  • My Brother - We have not seen or spoke to each other in years. I am still thankful for him. Even though he is my younger brother, I look to him as my older brother. Considering our parents two sons, he was always the more mature.
  • My Wife - Yes, this is my 4th marriage, but Norma and I have lived together for over 11 years. I have never closer now than we are at this time. She keeps me from going off the deep end of despair. I look at her and see a reason to keep going.
  • Tre'anna - My youngest daughter. All girl, smart, and energetic describes her.
  • Carolyn - I have not talked with in years. Even though she only lives a few miles from me. I think about her and her brother. I see my wasted, rebellious youth.
  • Everett John (Jay) - I have not seen him for years. When I hear about his adventures and life, I see myself at his age. I only wish I could of have been a more positive influence on his life.
  • Norman Ford - My father-in-law who I have only talked with on the phone. I see the influence of his life. I respect him for all his hard honest work in a difficult time, and difficult situations.
  • Mary ? - My sister-in-law. I don't think I have ever know someone who is so tender hearted and caring about my wife, her little sister.
  • Edward - A brother-in-law who I have never met face to face. I have talked with him many times on the phone. I have read some of his writing, and learned some of his history. Sometimes I wish my life was as valiant and courageous as his.
That is my family. Near and far from me physically, and emotionally. This Thanksgiving 2007, I am thankful for them. The influence they have in my life.

No comments: