Saturday, November 24, 2007

Brazilian Jail - Brazil Girl

I am amazed at the lack of respect some people have for each other. This morning when I read about a 15 year old girl in jail with 21 men, I got sick to my stomach.

An area of northern Brazilian state called Para is about twice the size of France. This area is known for being a lawless state. The reported events around the jailed girl only speak to the depraved nature of this region.

CNN reports that social workers were barred from visiting this girl. Other reported events speak of a massive cover up. Now the world is looking to Para everybody is getting on the band wagon crying for justice.

What I want to know is how did this 15 year old girl end up in a jail with 21 men. Don't tell me that this is an isolated event. I have read other reports to where this is much more common than what the local government wants us to believe.

News reports from the BBC tell of more barbaric behavior among the local officials in charge of the jails.

What will happen? The general public cry for justice. People march and protest. Some local government officials will retire, quietly. Other officials will go to jail, in a prison of all women.
But many of people, especially in the United States will go on with Christmas shopping.

No comments: