Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday?

Why do they call the day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday? It seem to me it would be better to call it "Green Friday". Green meaning money. It is the day big day that merchants start the big push to separate you from your money.

This year many malls are opening a 1am. Their are even a few major stores that were open yesterday with their "After Thanksgiving Sale".

Anyway, if you are reading this you more than likely have braved the early morning crowds a your local mall. In the process you have been elbowed, toes stepped on, and a little poorer.

The real Black Friday is for the 154 people on a cruse ship Explorer that is going down in the Antarctic waters. Unlike the Titanic of 1912, all the passenger are report to have been safely evacuated and on other ships.

The word Black has such a dark, unhappy, and disastious implication to the day. Regardless of all that is happening in the world. I have purposed to make this a good day after Thanksgiving. How am I going to do that? I am going to continue to thank people I know for their influence in my life.

No comments: