Friday, October 05, 2007

Business is Business

I am soft heart. I want to have my customers/client have the most efficient computer. I want them to be able use their computer's resources to the best of their ability. But their are times where money and their wishes must take first place.

I have a client whose computers and network is in bad shape. They have ignored the basics for quite some time. I want to go in and get it running top at peak performance, but they don't want to spend the money. It is going to a couple three thousand dollars just get it up to an acceptable standard.

I can give them only so much extra time. Any more will be cheating my business. It is like the old Biblical say, "casting pearls before swine". I am afraid what improvement that I do will not be kept up. The same condition of poor performance and spyware will exist in a few months.

Years ago when I work on commercial gas appliances, I spent half the night working a commercial gas stove. That range was used through breakfast, and lunch the following day. I showed about 2pm to present the bill for my work. That stove was in near the same condition as it was 24 hours before.

Bottomline their cooks were not taking care of that stove. I wasted my time for the extra energy I put into cleaning it. A couple month later, that restaurant had a fire. You guess it. The source of the fire was that grease laden stove.

No comments: