Sunday, March 25, 2007

Moving to Apple or Not

This year since Vista's launch there has been an increase move to the Apple operating system and computer. Many of those who have made the move seem to like the smoothness that Apple has to offer.

On the down side, I hear complaints about the expense is higher than expected with the replacement of software. Apple does not have all the programs that Windows has, i.e. Microsoft money. However, very few people have complained about going from a two plus button mouse to a one button mouse.

I like the look of Apple. I like the smoothness of the way Apple works. Nevertheless, Windows is still the most popular platform for computing. I still like to tweak, and customize my computers. Apple does not offer this. I have yet seen an Apple OS in a point-of-sale application.

The majority of everyday computer users still choose the Windows operating platform over Apple. My wife wants to an iMac. She will more than likely get one before the end of the year. For me, I am going to stay with Windows.

No comments: