Monday, March 12, 2007

DST okay, RAM well??

It is Monday morning, we have passed into a new era of Day Light Savings Time. There has been only a couple corporate systems that had problems with the update. In the great scheme of things, the change went off fairly smooth.

What seems to be the hot topic this morning all those people that want large amounts of RAM to run Vista. I am talking at the 2 plus Gigabyte range. I read one blog posting about a guy that was up set he put in 4 Gigabytes of RAM and lost over 600 MB to the motherboard and system caps. Well he is running only a 32 bit system. He really should of have started with a 64 bit motherboard.

Cnet News reported that laptops are now out selling desktop. This I do believe. A laptop is more portable, lighter than a desktop. Laptops are more portable and just as powerful and desktops. This I do believe. When I go down to Boise State, I see almost every student having a laptop hanging from their shoulder.

No comments: