Friday, May 04, 2007

Vista Bad for Notebooks/Laptops

I hate being such a Windows Vista basher, but I am not seeing a lot of reports that say Vista is good for the average computer user. c|net.com reported problems with Vista on Hp notebooks.

John Wozniak, a top Hewlett-Packard's engineer in the notebook department. Vista was an energy hog started to surface during beta testing last year.

The main problem is in Vista's Aero feature. When Aero is turned off battery life is equal to or better than Windows XP systems. But with it turned on, battery life is much shorter than with Windows XP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is true, my laptop's battery life used to be about four hours with XP, once I upgrated to Vista, it decreased by three and a half hours, totaling my battery life to roughly twenty minutes.