Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Results for my Money!

Is that such a strange expectation for me to have? If I spend my hard earned dollar, why should I not expect to get the results I lay down my money.

Over the past year I have been reading and hearing about the results on antivirus programs failing tests. (BBC World News 2/6/2007) This makes me ask, “Where can I put my money to the best use?” Norton, MacAfee, Panda, Windows One Care, and AOL free have all leaked malicious programs past their wall of protection.

What I have trouble understanding is why some people still hang on to inefficient protection. Last week I talked with a couple where I cleaned 3 Trojans and over 250 pieces of spyware, on a supposed protected system. They had a name brand wall of protection, but it was money wasted. When I talked to them about upgrading to a proven system, they acted as if they did not want to hear me.

What is the use of paying for “protection” when it is full of holes? If I pay for a service, I want to get a guarantee that the service will produce the results that will work.

No comments: