Sunday, February 25, 2007

Processes Needs To Be User-Friendly

The old says. "Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance" has followed me most all my life. I find myself going back to the saying to look at ways to improve my performance. Eight out of ten times that improved my performance is done by simplifying my actions and/or thought processes.

This morning I was thinking about that planning, learning, or prep must be user-friendly. What I consider as user-friendly, may not be user-friendly to another person. If a procedure is not user-friendly, then procrastination takes over and it will eventually will not be done.

I like using Frontpage for my website. In the process, I look at the html and java script to refine what I want to do. There are people who do not attempt doing a website because of the complexity of learning the code behind the scenes.

I see a lot of computer users that do not back up their computer's files because they see it as a complex procedure. Once they are introduced to a one or two click back up process, then they start backing up their important data.

No comments: