Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Real Christmas

It is the season to be blinded by flashing lights of red, green, and yellow. The television hounds me with commercials saying that loved ones will be happy if I buy them their product. Which is by the way the perfect Christmas gift. My inbox is filled with colorful ads from suppliers all saying that I should sell their gadgets as great gift items.

I don't have the money to buy everything they want me to buy! What every happen to the true meaning of Christmas? What ever happen to the importance of family, and friends?

This past year has been one of roller coaster rides. We are ending the year better off than what we started. We got rid of some material goods that were just cluttering up our house. We are spending more time face to face as a family.

Yes, this is a good Christmas! We are rich in what matters most of all. I would not trade it for winning a million dollars in the lottery.

No comments: