Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lots of Little Problems


After installing Internet Explorer 7, I could not view a any flash that is on a website. I have to fall back to Mozilla to watch the flash video on Nascar.com. Vista would not let me burn a CD. I had to use another computer. Word 2007 would not connect me with my blog. I had to switch back to my regular computer. You would think that Microsoft engineers would fix these important issues, before releasing them in beta.

Over the years I have learned that the bigger the project requires longer time needed to deal with start up problems. I got to admit with Internet Explorer 7, Vista, and Office 2007 being released within a six month period is quite a task. Each one is a major project.

I got to admit that with all the different eyes and testers will reduce the problems when it comes to release date. I may not upgrade for a year or two, but quality will be higher than when Windows 98 and XP were released.



2006
E.F. Cussins
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License
.

No comments: